2022-09-15 Online Meeting
September 15, 2022
2022-09-07 Online Meeting
Start Time: 18:00
End Time: 19:00
- Kelton (President)
- Shaun (Systems Admin)
- Cole (Secretary)
- Eliza (Membership)
- Tomas, Joey, Ryan, Tom, Yihan (non-officer members from open house and Tom)
- Louis (Some Taxposter)
- Autumn (Co-treasurer)
Last Week's TODOs
Topics for Discussion
- how 2 spend target money (officer transition?)
- acm-w collab?
- Ops Requests
- message from mr. b re: robotics competition
- acm project meeting ideasss
- systems committee is in archive?
- paper pals 2 weeks out
rt4 booth cse group fair sep21
- Door access update
- door code update
Ops request stuff
- Ideas so far
Box fans and purifier (On remaining target funds, probably)
iFixIt kits (3x)
Textbooks for the library
- Might be against school policy? Might wanna check that.
- Tomas: graphics books that are cool
- Louis: Dragon book (original)
- Louis: People love stealing our boooks
- This is very true pls don't steal our stuff 🥺
Louis: A hundred copies of "The Dispossessed" by Ursula K Le Guin
Decent drives for Argo(?)
- "Would be cool to have a proper storage array" -Louis
- Block storage for student VMs?
- "Having an iSCSI thing would be cool" -Cole
- Cole is working on a capstone project, could integrate this into that!
- Something for Cole/Shaun to check out, but probably not for Ops 22-23
Cole: "They cap us for 7 items for equipment"
A proper fridge
- please no iot shit kthxbye
USB-C PD Outlets
Concrete proposals we'll be settling on
- USB-C PD Outlets
- Full sized fridge
- iFixit kits (3x)
- Books for the library
- If books are not allowed, just pump money into the next item ;)
- Storage array w/ HDD and Controllers
message from mr. b re: robotics competition
- Kelton is a hero and will respond to Mr. B tonight
- Mr. B's pfp is Doofenshmirtz
Systems committee is in archive
- all of our committees are fake anyway
- Cancel the first one. Make the second one the only one.
- This is due to Kelton being extremely busy 😔
- Paper suggestions should be approchable and not scary
- Penrose maybe?
cse group fair
Door access and code update
- Lots of random people know the door code now, so we should change it
- I never knew the code until a couple weeks ago smh
- Need to get door access done reliably
- Checking for three attendences
- Eliza: can I write a script to do that?
- Collecting info and sending it to the door~~man~~person(?)
- Lots of reports
- TL;DR we need an up-to-date ledger.
- This sucks.
- Ops is due Sep 21
- Events is due Oct 10
- ACM National might put us on probation
- This has happened a couple times already, and we might lose the name "acm"
- Hopefully (and to Cole's knowledge) we'll get an extension because COVID is a thing.
Getting other types of food for the events
- Currently we'll be blocked to pizza because they're already in the SSF requests.
Helping with ledgers
This Week's TODOs
Eliza saw something spilling out in Keller.
- Getting back to the meeting now
- Louis refuses to go get donuts
Louis: "Present me your forehead and close your eyes"
- Kelton is now branded ACM
Louis removes "no taxposting" from the constitution unilaterally
Why did Hemant come up with the "Apple iPhone 14 Pro with A16 Bionic Chip" bit?
Hemant's struggles about normality and witchcraft
Louis explains grindsetspace
- Tom postulates about the (0,0) of grindsetspace
- Shaun proposes the (0,0) is just
- Louis: "defined positions in grinsetspace is pointless anyway"
- "Does two units of grilling correlate to one unit of iPhone in grinsetspace?"
- Gaussian spaces in grindsetspace?