We did not get SSF funding for this semester because of lapse during spring last year.
Louis: Prune membership
- Helen: making sure that everyone that has door access and discord role and gopherlink are all proper.
Helen: Local hack day
- Helen: we got an email from mlh, its a thing that happens in october. It sounds like SDC.
- Louis: are they asking us to run this? If so I don't think so.
- Mike: Definitely not.
Louis: Add ircs://acm.umn.edu:6669 to email template
- Louis: we should just put that link in the email template. It makes us seem cool.
- Helen: That's fine.
- Helen: Nobody can pay cash; [member] needs to get refunded and pay online.
Helen: UCP letter
- Helen: "Unclaimed Property" Last year, the u sent a check to my house last year for UNIX classes.
- Louis: we should just contact them and still try to get these funds.
- Helen: I can talk to shana about this.
Helen: Bill from the regents office
- Helen: we got a bill for $337.50 on feb 8, does not say what it's for.
- Louis: I would send them a passive aggressive note wondering why we have this.
- Nathan: I will check our records to see if we paid.
- Mike: this is actually two separate bills for $225.00 and $112.50 on nov 5 and dec 14 respectively.
- nathan: I see a payment in this ammount to SUA and Facilities.
- General concensus of paid energy
Helen: IRS letter
- Helen: we got a letter from IRS saying we did not pay a tax return, which is fine because we are under the u now, but I don't know if we need to tell them that.
- Louis: we should send emails to people to cover our butts.
- Nathan: will do.
Helen: Target campus visit
- Helen: We need to make a form to determine how many people are coming. The date is already determined.
- Helen: we have 3 different dates, oct 9,10,11 from 1-3pm
- Charlie: you are supposed to talk to them.
- Helen: I need to send emails to many people.
Louis: Fall Activities Fair
- Need to be there AT 11 to get a table
- Need to pay (EFS string form)
- Mike: we got 31-34 names.
- Mike: also, they are going to charge us $15 for that.
- Louis: the main thing we learned is that we need someone more on top of sighing up for these events, and having interesting things on the table gets more attention.
Helen: Dare mighty things conference
- Helen: we got an email. this is a hackathon in chigago. they want us to advertise.
- Louis: we should advertise things as long as they are not shady.
Helen: CSE Career Center collaboration
- Helen: we keep getting emails about something similar to resume/interview prep. Ids this something we want to do?
- Nathan: I don't think we want to go out of our way to host another event.
Charlie: Events on the website
- Mike: we took care of that one.
- Louis: I just made it so that event dates and times show up on their expanded pages.
Charles: Class visits
- Charles: Nobody signed up or did anything and we should do class visits.
Mike: October Student Org Fair
- Mike: reads email.
- Louis: we should go to it.
- Helen: I can be there between 10 and 1
Mike: CSE Student Group Calendar
- Mike: in the same email, "please enter your events, it helps the college promote your events"
- Helen: Charlie, is that something you can do?
- Charlie is doing the calendar
Charles: Paper-pals/meeting reschedule
- Charles: since the meeting time changed, paper pals now overlaps with the ACM meeting. Do we want to reschedule either of these?
- Helen: Sep 30 at 7, nov 11 at 7.
Isai: Alumni Networking Group
- louis: yes, good.
- Helen: I can ask him more specifically.
- Helen: we cant get funding, but we can just have meetups.
- Mike: when I was returning p card, shana said that she wants us to advertise for ICPC, so I told her we would hang up a flier and put it in the newsletter
- Helen: We can also put it in the discord and write it on the whiteboard
Helen: resume event retro (brief)
- Helen: yesterday we did the event, and it went really well. It ended up being 20 ish people. if we do a similar event, we will order less pizza and make it a smaller event.
- Mike: I am opposed to that idea. I think we should do more (smaller) events rather than just capping attendance.
- Nathan: I think we should talk to target and see what they think about it.
Louis: Barb's Email
- Louis: she wants a C++ tutor
- Helen: newsletter, and discord
- Mike: no job in email?
- No job in email
Louis: More open houses
- Helen: I think one a month is good.
- Louis: I think we should have an open house every week
- Helen: I don't like this because it is a lot.
- Louis: ok, but we should have them regularly.
- Helen: I think doing one per month.
- Helen: we could do one on the 26th.
- Thu Sep 26 1-3pm
Louis: Officer Recruiting
- Louis: we should do this.
Charles: take down posters
- resume/interview posters need to come down since event is over, everyone should take them down when they see them.
Charles will talk to Best buy, Helen will talk to target optum code42 and travelers.